As eBay turns 20, I’m pleased to share an important update with you. We’re introducing a number of positive changes to selling on eBay—changes which we hope will help you grow your business.
Coming early next year: simpler, more objective seller standards
Starting February 20, 2016, seller performance will be measured by the following metrics:
- Buyer feedback, including negative and neutral
- Detailed seller ratings (DSRs)
- Items not as described requests (including returns) that are successfully resolved with your buyer
- Items not received requests that are successfully resolved with your buyer
• On-time shipping: A new metric will be used to measure whether you shipped or delivered your item on time based on tracking information when available.
• Note: As is today, in addition to the new defect rate and on-time shipping, all US sellers will still be required to maintain a maximum of 0.30% of closed cases without seller resolution.
Additional updates coming soon include:
• eBay Seller Hub: The all-in-one place to manage and grow your business
• New, simpler returns process for your business and your buyers
• Category and item specific updates
• Requirements for product identifiers