Help holiday shoppers find your items by adding product identifiers to your multi-variation listings ahead of next year’s requirement. Product identifiers are a great way to boost listing visibility on eBay and external search engines like Google and Bing.
As announced in the Fall Seller Update, we’ll be extending the current requirement for product identifiers to include multi-variation listings early next year. That means, when you’re creating new multi-variation listings or manual relistings after January 31, 2016, you’ll be required to use product identifiers on items that are in new condition or manufacturer refurbished condition within the following categories:
- Business & Industrial (Electrical & Test Equipment, Healthcare Lab & Life Sciences, Heavy Equipment, Heavy Equipment P&A, MRO & Industrial Supply)
- Cameras & Photo
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (Shoes only)
- Computers/Tablets & Networking
- Consumer Electronics
- DVDs & Movies
- eBay Motors (Parts & Accessories only)
- Health & Beauty
- Home & Garden (Tools and Appliances only)
- Musical Instruments & Gear
- Pet Supplies
- Sporting Goods
- Toys & Hobbies
- Video Games & Consoles
Note: you’re not required to include product identifiers on used items or listings of collectible, vintage, or one-of-a-kind items.
You can use any listing tool to update your listings except for the bulk editing tool in Selling Manager (this functionality will be available in December). And don’t forget to add product identifiers to your Good ‘Til Cancelled listings too.